For the start of the spring 2022 semester through at least February 1, appointments are available only virtually via Zoom.
Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students can schedule an appointment in Handshake.
Watch this video for help activating your Handshake account and scheduling an appointment or follow the written instructions below.
- Go to Handshake
- Click on the blue ‘Edinboro University’ rectangle
- Sign in using your Edinboro credentials
- Agree to the Handshake terms, conditions, and settings (You only do this the first time you log in)
- The next screen will prompt you to fill in your profile- If you want, you can click ‘Exit’ in the top right corner and update your profile later
- Click ‘Career Center’ in the top right
- Click ‘Appointments’ in the middle left
- Click ‘Schedule a new appointment’
Students are encouraged to utilize career services while enrolled. Limited services are available to undergraduate alumni who graduated within the last 12 months and include:
- One virtual resume and/or cover letter review by a professional member of our staff. See instructions below.
- One virtual 30-minute career coaching appointment – topics may include job searching, building a solid LinkedIn profile, using our online resources, and more.
Qualifying alumni can use this form to update their email address on their student Handshake account to re-gain access and schedule an appointment.
Please note that resume/cover letter review and appointments are not currently available to alumni who graduated more than 12 months ago and all graduate degree alumni.
Alumni are encouraged to utilize our extensive on-demand digital services.
How to Get Help with Your Resume or Cover Letter
- Review the content on this page – many of your most frequently asked questions are addressed here!
- Using the resume building guide and the resume examples, create or update an existing draft of your resume.
- Once you have a current draft, send it to us for a review. We will get back to you within 3 business days, and if an appointment to discuss our suggestions is requested, we can help you get scheduled.
Please do not send your resume as an email attachment – we require that you use the form as we receive a high volume of requests.
On-Demand Digital Services We offer several services online that are available 24/7 to current students and alumni.
|Find internships, part-time and full-time job opportunities, and virtual career fairs tailored for you on Handshake. Activate your Handshake account.||View video lessons about interviewing, record mock interviews and send to our office for a professional review Current students: Create your Big Interview account. Alumni: Create your Big Interview Account (Alumni access code: 2020)||View and register for dozens of virtual events, including recruiting sessions with employers. See all events.|