Clearances for Education/HPE Students
Clearances for Education/HPE students are to be collected before the field/internship process. The clearances needed to satisfy certain elements of PA Commonwealth Laws when working with minors and liability. The policy for Edinboro University School of Education can be found here
- Copy of Valid Photo ID
- Select “Submit a New Record Check”
- Choose “Employee”. A Volunteer version of clearances will not be accepted.
- Cost: $22
- Select “Create Individual Account”Choose “Employee”. A Volunter version of clearances will not be accepted.
- Cost: $13
- Use Service Code 1KG6RT – PA PDE-Colleges/Universities Teacher Education Program
- Bring a valid photo ID to the nearest IdentoGO fingerprinting site (2323 W 38th St, Erie, PA 16506)
- Cost: $23.85
Tuberculosos (TB) Test
- Make an appointment at the Ghering Health & Wellness Center. Return to Ghering 2-3 days after the initial test to receive your results
- Make an appointment with your primary care physician to obtain your TB test
- After completion of the three hour online training, you will receive a certificate good for five years. Print and save the certificate as proof of completion
Please review, sign, and date the form. If you have been arrested and/or convicted of any reportable offenses, you must indicate this and explain the arrest or conviction within the last year.
Liability Insurance (Minimum $1 million coverage)
Suggestions on where to purchase:
- American College of Sports Medicine, $35
- Student Pennsylvania State Education Association (PSEA), $30
- Keystone Teachers Association (KEYTA), $30
- American Counseling Association (For Counseling Students), Free with student membership
- Personal homeowner’s insurance plan that includes professional liability insurance for $1 million