Location: Benton Harbor, MI, US, 49022
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of the world’s leading major home appliance company.
The Real Whirled Sales Development Program begins with an unmatched multi-week immersion experience in which participants gain insight into Whirlpool’s brands, products, consumers, and how we go to market. The immersion experience and development touchpoints throughout the first year creates a solid foundation to start your career at Whirlpool Corporation within the Sales organization.
To start the training program, participants live in a unique residential learning center with a small cohort of early career professionals, experiencing and using a wide collection of Whirlpool company products. Housing is provided throughout the training program. This hands-on learning approach, participants complete sales skills training and gain valuable insight into our leading products, customer segments, sales strategy, merchandising approach, and operations before being assigned to a U.S. metropolitan sales territory as a Sales Execution Representative (SER).
SERs are the primary face of Whirlpool Corporation and our many iconic brands within the accounts that they manage. Each SER is responsible for managing 20+ retail stores in a dedicated geographical territory. The SER will cultivate relationships with retail partners and field leadership and collaborate to drive strategic initiatives for increased sales and market share of brand products.
SERs are typically in role for approximately 12-18 months before progressing in the next step of their sales career at Whirlpool Corporation. Real Whirled Alumni will have the opportunity to advance into many different positions after their SER experience, including roles in sales, operations, sales enablement and other parts of the organization. View this video to learn more: https://youtu.be/2FTusXYd1uE.
The training program of this position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan. Following the training immersion program, participants will relocate to a field based market across the continental United States. Territories are identified during the training program and participants are provided an opportunity during training to visit and begin engaging with their market. Once in role, we expect SERs to be geographically mobile back to Whirlpool Corporate offices in Benton Harbor, MI or to another field based role within 12-18 months.
As a SER, you will be responsible for:
- Visiting accounts within geographic territory to build and maintain essential relationships with trade customers to serve as a consultant to help improve profitability through increased sales volume and product mix
- Assisting trade customers on the sales floor during peak selling times – setting the floors, prepping sales associates with promotional product training and assisting customers with purchase choices
- Supporting our trade customers reach for the “perfect floor” through assistance of product transitions, placement, cleanliness, and presentation
- Delivering product training to trade customers’ sales associates
- Analyzing data to identify sales trends and create actionable solutions
In this program you will develop the following skills & competencies:
- New Products & Plan to Sell (Proficient): Demonstrates an understanding of best practices and takes actions as needed
- Category Management – Planning (Proficient): Understands trade partner business plans to achieve assigned goals
- Category Management – Execution (Proficient): Executes trade partner business plans to achieve assigned goals
- Analysis & Insights (Proficient): Understands and assembles existing internal and external data to (reinforce/support) decision making
- Financial Acumen (Proficient): Assess the health of their business and understand and communicate its current reality
- Demand Planning & Inventory Management (Proficient): Understands the basic product forecasting process
- Selling and Negotiation (Proficient): Is introduced to selling and negotiation models to achieve a business objective
- Partnering (Proficient): Through operation perfect floor owns our in the store environment to assess and improve our execution of collaborative business goals
- Omni Channel Acumen (Proficient): Applies a basic understanding of omni-channels in devising and executing trade plans
- Shopper-Centric Thought Leadership (Proficient): Leverages effective shopper marketing tactics to drive category growth
Background and Experience
Required Background and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Reliable transportation with valid driver’s licence
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs; Some physical activity required (ie setting up promotional material or moving appliances)
- Must be geographically mobile
Preferred Background and Experiences
- Sales or Marketing degree preferred
- Proven work experience or internship in Sales and/or Marketing
- Strong leadership skills & experience
- Dynamic presenter possessing strong public speaking, facilitation, and influencing skills
- A proven track record of success demonstrated through the articulation of quantitative and qualitative results
If you meet the minimum requirements of the job description, you will be prompted to take a behavioral assessment called “Plum” within one week of your application.
For this position, Whirlpool Corporation will not sponsor visas for candidates at this time. Get to know more about our programs at https://www.whirlpoolcareers.com/work-with-us-ca-students/.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.
Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.