Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are seeking enthusiastic self-starters to be part of the Undergraduate Summer Internship Program in our Chicago office. The program is full-time (40 hours/week) that spans between 10-12 weeks during the summer with a start date of June 2021.
There are three primary components to the internship experience: (1) assignments, (2) getting to know our firm, and (3) mentorship and feedback:
Interns will be given day-to-day responsibilities that help support the team they are working with, helping them to gain an in-depth understanding of what the function does on a daily basis. At the beginning of the summer, interns will be assigned a project that tackles a real problem the team needs solved. Interns will also have the opportunity to complete ad hoc projects to get exposure to other areas.
At the end of the summer, interns will present about their projects and lessons learned to their peers, mentors and senior leaders.
2. Getting to know our firm
Through a series of interactive lunch and learns, interns will learn from seasoned professionals about various departments and functions within the company. Interns will have the opportunity to attend multiple social networking events with senior leaders. These opportunities, among others, will allow interns to build their network and discover what makes the culture at Wellington so unique.
3. Mentorship and feedback
Summer interns are paired one-on-one with a mentor who is dedicated to their learning and growth. Mentors will be recent hires, who are participating in our Business Associate Program, and many of whom were former interns themselves. Interns will also have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with other colleagues on a daily basis from various teams and departments. Interns will receive consistent formal and informal coaching, as well as feedback from their peers, mentors and managers.
Global Relationship Group – Americas Institutional Group
The internship within the Global Relationship Group’s Chicago team affords a unique opportunity for those individuals who are passionate about and are seeking to embark on a career in investment management in a client-facing role. The Global Relationship Group (GRG) is dedicated to providing high quality service and investment solutions to all of Wellington Management’s clients, prospects, and consultants.
The internship role will provide broad exposure to a variety of client channels, investment content, and global asset classes. Within GRG, the Chicago summer intern’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Analyzing potential opportunities for new business within a geographic region or channel
· Assisting with business analytics and competitive analysis
· Engaging with Wellington’s evolving technologies and client related applications
· Attending various internal cross functional meetings
· Collaborating with members of GRG to support external relationships with clients, prospects, and consultants
· Working on ad-hoc projects to support our overall client efforts
We seek all talented, dedicated undergraduate students with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences. The program is inclusive to all undergraduate students, but focuses on targeting underrepresented groups in the investment management industry, including but not limited to, women and people of color.
· Undergrads working towards a Bachelor’s degree – no seniors
· Any major and no previous finance experience is required
· Participation in on-campus activities, leadership roles, and volunteer opportunities
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks
· Self-starter who is resourceful and has a curiosity to learn
· Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate in a team
· Entrepreneurial spirit
For any inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 22 October 2020 at 12:00PM EDT
Interested candidates should submit the following materials together in PDF format:
· Resume, 1 page max
· Statement of interest, 2 pages max, that addresses:
- – (1) Why you are interested in working for Wellington Management
- – (2) Why you are interested in the Global Relationship Group
- – (3) One of the goals of the internship program is to increase representation of underrepresented groups within the firm. Please discuss why you are interested in participating in the program, as well as, what aspects of your past experience are most relevant to your ability to contribute to the program’s goals and to the firm’s commitment to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion
· An unofficial transcript
Qualified candidates will be notified after the application deadline. If chosen for the First Round, you will be schedule for a phone interview with a campus recruiter. Then, Final Round interviews will take place in our Chicago office or via video in December.