Home Care Program Manager
About The Organization
Established in 1976, the Vietnamese Association of Illinois (VAI), a 501(c)(3), has served thousands of Vietnamese Americans and other ethnic refugee and immigrant communities in facilitating resettlement and citizenship, building community, raising political awareness, providing educational opportunities, addressing multigenerational issues for seniors and youth, and strengthening cultural heritage.
VAI’s mission is to strengthen and perpetuate the unity and solidarity of the Vietnamese residing in the state of Illinois; generate and implement the mutual assistance spirit among the Vietnamese ethnic group members; promote, support, and develop cultural, social and educational programs to serve people in Illinois; and foster the development and strength of various Vietnamese organizations in the state of Illinois.
About The Position
Job Title: Home Care Program Manager
Job Type: Exempt, Full-Time
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
The organization is looking for a dynamic and committed professional eager to implement strategies that enhance the organization’s programs and services. You will have a sharp business mind and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level program initiatives. As a leader, you will have a strong talent for project coordination and delegation. Ultimately, you are motivated by the desire to optimize productivity and nurture program success from inception to completion.
As the Home Care Program Manager, you will be responsible for leading the program and respective program team members, refining and implementing the latest best practices to increase efficiency and consistency of VAI’s programs and services, and leading strategy for all government and foundation funded engagements. This role requires a deep understanding of relationship dynamics, strong process development and adherence, and proven expertise in program and project management. As Program Manager, you will be responsible for engaging with a wide variety of teams to ensure successful and on-time delivery and execution of program commitments. This role is accountable for working closely with the CEO and the finance manager.
The successful candidate will be an innovative strategic thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills who has the ability to multi-task and adhere to internal and external deadlines. This position requires a team player and self-starter, who can maintain focus, perspective, calm, and attention to detail in a fast-paced, creative, and results-driven environment.
· Oversee management and direct reporting of 4-6 team members that will require varied levels of program management support
· Plan, estimate, and control program costs, including resource planning, to ensure programs and services are delivered on time and within budget
· Identify and manage program resource needs and goals – strategies, staffing, scheduling, issue resolution, contingency plans, communication plans, and change control
· Track and report on program risks, progress, issues, and milestones; provide status reports to management, project teams, and other project stakeholders
· Provide program management coaching and mentoring to direct team members
· Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives
· Oversee multiple programs and services, ensuring program goals are reached
· Work closely with direct team members to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
· Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established program goals/objectives
· Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
· Manage and maintain compliance for various contracts with the Illinois Department on Aging(IDOA) and Managed Care Organizations (MCOs)
· Develop and write high quality letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and reports to foundation and government partners and prospects as applicable
· Participate in program-related site visits and helping to steward relationships with key stakeholders of IDOA and MCOs
· Work with the development and communications manager to manage internal grants calendar, updating grants template, and tracking results in transparent system accessible by program staff members
· Develop and implement strategic planning process
· Contribute to regular department and all-staff meetings
· Represent VAI at external events as assigned
· Support with external relations as assigned
· Additional responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
· Excellent writing and communication skills with strong research skills, grant writing and budgeting experience preferred
· Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
· Ability to use effective, engaging, and persuasive speech and writing in instruction, presentations, meetings, and site visits
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
· Generates new and innovative approaches to complex business challenges
· Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information; can sift between important details and noise; sees the end result and can make quick and thoughtful decisions to get there
· Desire to learn and grow professionally
· Team player with the capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and across departments
· Experience working in work settings with diverse groups of people; cultural awareness training preferred
· Strong skills with Microsoft Office and experience working with a donor management software, Salesforce and/or another comprehensive database
· 2-3 years experience working at a nonprofit organization with a focus on program management or community development preferred
· 4-year bachelor’s degree required
This is a full-time position based at VAI’s office in the Uptown neighborhood, one of Chicago’s most diverse neighborhoods along the lakefront on the northside. Hours will occasionally exceed 40 hours a week. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter. and two writing samples via email to Tuyet Ngo, Chief Executive Officer, at email@example.com with “Home Care Program Manager Position- [Insert Your Name]” as the email subject title.
VAI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and equitable environment. VAI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.