VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and runs from June 7 – August 13.
An intern position is made available to help students nearing graduation acquire basic office skills and develop the knowledge of working within a corporate environment. Interns will learn to effectively interact with staff, clients and management as well as how to execute administrative tasks. The operational risk position has high visibility across the whole company. The operational risk intern will have the opportunity to have discussions with all departments to gain an understanding of how they operate. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Learn the fundamentals of auditing by participating in operational, regulatory or information security audits.
- Gain insight into risk management processes by understanding what business processes and controls are, participating in control reviews/process walkthroughs, assist with the preparation of audit narratives, performing test of controls, documenting and analyzing results.
- Reviewing documents and processes to ensure compliance with documented policies, regulatory and/or business requirements.
- Participate in the development of audit reports, which requires summarizing test work and laying out findings and recommendations for business partners.
- Participate in communicating audit report results. Meet with individual department heads and discuss findings and recommendations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Successful candidates must be pursuing a BA/BS in in Management Accounting, Business, Finance and Information Technology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- A working knowledge of Internet, MS Word and Excel is required.
- Basic understanding of databases, computer programming and system designs is desirable but not required.
- Excellent writing skills. Must be able to document testing rationale in a clear and succinct manner.
- Must be willing to learn, take initiative and possess the drive to achieve results.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
- Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
- General understanding of the Internal Audit function and its value add to the organization.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Motivation and willingness to learn
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘Operational Risk Summer Intern’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.