VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and runs from June 7 – August 13. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
· Research Sales Prospecting Data
- Thoughtful mining of databases to develop allocations to competitor funds approved by consultant. This is an effort to reverse engineer known information with the intention of improving effectiveness of institutional team
- Gather and prioritize marketing outlooks, whitepapers and positioning of our major competitors
- Determine institutional clients of our largest competitors in order to build a reliable marketing database
- Other tasks and creative efforts to provide our institutional sales team with a steady and repeatable information advantage by market segment
- Assist in planning, preparation and creation of materials for institutional team meetings and summer meeting
- Become knowledgeable about our institutional market segments, including Public and Private Pensions, Foundations and Endowments, Family Offices, Investment Consultants and Private Banks
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Proven interest in business development, sales data/analytics and research.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- A working knowledge of Internet, MS Word and Excel is helpful but not required.
- A “roll-up your sleeves” work ethic.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
- Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘Institutional Sales Summer Intern’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.