VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and runs from June 7 – August 13.
ETF team is about 11 people in Investment Management team. The team is based in New York office, and it works closely with portfolio managers, trading, marketing, compliance and sales. This position will provide an intern with exposure to the entire ETF team and as a result, a primer to most parts of VanEck. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely assistance on requests from market participants trade VE ETFs including but not limited to the facilitation of primary market trading activity.
- Analyze primary and secondary market trading to manage the quality of the VE ETF markets and trading valuations.
- Provide insight to internal and external partners on the trading, valuations, and market quality of VE ETFs.
- Engage in the analysis associated with the Capital Markets Team’s initiatives.
- Prepare periodic client reports regarding specific macro events, trade ideas, product, etc. for internal and external distribution.
- Miscellaneous special projects for ETF Capital Markets as they arise.
- Strong financial analysis skills with a passion/interest for equity and fixed income markets.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with various teams within the organization.
- Resourceful, proactive and be able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
- Knowledge and/or interest in furthering one’s knowledge of the Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) ecosystem.
- Highly motivated person with high ethical standards.
- Skillful in working with Excel (VBA or advanced excel modeling), PowerPoint and Word.
- Written skills along with interpersonal and communication skills.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or later with a BA / BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar field.
- Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘ETF Capital Markets Summer Intern’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.