VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and runs from June 7 – August 13. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Assistance with building out Van Eck’s internal financial reporting and financial modeling framework.
- Assistance with month-end general ledger closings and related deliverables.
- Assistance with the preparation of work papers supporting the month end close.
- Assistance with accounts payable. This includes reviewing invoices, initiating journal entries and preparation of disbursements.
- Perform ad hoc projects and other related duties as necessary.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Accounting or Finance major.
- Interest in managerial accounting.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Roll up your sleeve work ethic.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 or 5 year undergrad/graduate program.
- Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘Corporate Accounting Summer Intern’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.