VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and typically runs from June 7 – August 13.
Compliance is a team of 6 people. The majority of the team is based in New York with two members working in Tampa office. Compliance team works closely with portfolio administration, board members, portfolio managers, trading and marketing. This position will provide an Intern with exposure to all Compliance team and as a result, primer to most parts of VanEck. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Assist in continuous improvement efforts for a robust and comprehensive compliance program, perform risk assessment and testing.
- Work in conjunction with other members of compliance team on compliance related projects, including but not limited to, Social Media project, Gifts and Entertainment project, etc.
- Assist in the monitoring of the Code of Ethics.
- Perform administrative tasks to aid in the functioning of the Compliance team including, but not limited to scanning, copying, filing.
- Some interest in finance, laws and regulations.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- A working knowledge of Internet, MS Word and Excel.
- Roll up your sleeve work ethic.
- Team oriented.
- Hard Working.
- Professional demeanor.
- Willingness to learn.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
- Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘Compliance Summer Intern’ to email@example.com.