Who We Are:
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home. A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations. We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
Surgical Telemetry is a 40 bed unit specializing in cardiac care for both medical and surgical patients. We take care of patients after open heart surgery(post ICU), TAVR and valve replacement. We have post operative Thoracic surgery and Vascular surgery patients on our unit. Patients that are post procedure such as Pacemaker placement, Cardiac catheterization with/without stents and post Cardio-version. Medical patients on our unit may have a variety of diagnoses including cardiac arrhythmias, CHF, MI, Chest pain. Also we have other medical patients such as pneumonia, sepsis, GI bleed etc.
The registered professional nurse is responsible for utilizing job skills to effective carry out the nursing process: including assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, evaluation, documentation and time management. She/he is responsible for quality communication, teamwork and leadership/professionalism. Also directs, coordinates and implements patient teaching, quality/safety initiatives, and activities of other health team personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing. A Registered Nurse is responsible for the care of the population they are assigned.
What You Will Bring:
QUALIFICATIONS for RN I:
• Education: Associates in Nursing (RN Diploma, ASN or AND) required (NOTE: Refer to Education Progression Nursing Policy: HR408 for future education requirements. As of 2/11/2015, newly hired registered nurses holding a nursing diploma, ASN or ADN (associate’s degree in nursing) will sign an agreement to enroll in a BSN (bachelor’s degree in nursing) program within TWO (2) years of the employment start date and complete the BSN within FIVE (5) years of their employment start date.) Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
• Based on primary state of residency and in accordance with current Virginia Board of Nursing Regulations, must be licensed or eligible to practice pending licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia with either a: Multi-state license, under the Nurse Licensure Compact OR Single-state license, valid in Virginia only
• BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) – American Heart ‘Healthcare Provider’ (HCP) – AHA approved required (New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation.)
• Competent in providing care based on the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development
• Competent to provide care to patients utilizing the nursing process
• Must have a reliable means of phone communication with hospital
What You Will Get:
Eligible external candidates may qualify for a competitive sign on bonus
Relocation assistance available to those that qualify
Clinical ladder advancement within the organization
Work in a strong mentoring and collaborative environment
Onsite Childcare (available at some locations)
ZERO Deductible Health Insurance Plan
Paid Time Off
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status