Job ID: 200001U5
Shift: Day Job
Facility: Corporate Information Services
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Note: In order for your application to be considered, please ensure that you attach all ‘Required Documents to Upload at Time of Application’ noted below.
Are you interested in pursuing a career in Information Technology? Do you want to explore opportunities throughout IT while making a difference in your community? Join UPMC’s two-year Information Services Division Rotation (ISDR) accelerated learning program! The ISDR Program, a full-time entry level salaried position, enables high-achieving, recent graduates the chance to pursue four unique, six-month rotations throughout UPMC’s Information Services Division. The start dates for this program are January 2021 or July 2021.
About the Program
Whatever your interest in Information Technology is – highly technical to non-technical spaces and everything in between – the ISDR Program is the place for you! Our accelerated learning program spans multiple UPMC divisions, such as our Corporate Services, Health Services (hospitals and clinical spaces), and Insurance Services (Health Plan) divisions. Program participants will have the opportunity to select preferences for each of their rotations. Rotation options fall into the general categories of software engineering, project management, and analyst roles. Past analyst and project management rotations have included rotations through our cancer center, enterprises project management office, data quality, health plan application services, telemedicine, consumer technology, and quality assurance teams. On the other side of the spectrum, past technical rotations have included placements on our enterprise architecture, security operations, application development, systems integrations, and infrastructure teams.
Along with having the chance to learn from four different IT teams during your rotations at UPMC, there are also many other benefits to the ISDR Program! This program is a full-time, salaried position at UPMC (and eligible for all the fantastic UPMC employee benefits!). Program participants have the opportunity to network with high-level executives, give back to the Pittsburgh community through service events, receive guidance from a personal advisor who is an IT leader, and build lasting connections within UPMC. Upon completion of the program, graduates are highly sought after for complex roles across the organization.
Apply now and begin your journey of contributing to Life Changing Medicine!
- Bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between May 2020 and August 2020 or current Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a target graduation date between December 2020 and May 2021 required
- Majoring in computer science, information systems, health information systems, or related field required
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 required; Cumulative GPA of 3.2 preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates that have demonstrated leadership ability through their studies, employment, or extracurricular activities
Required Documents to Upload at Time of Application:
- Transcripts (unofficial or official transcripts are accepted)
Recruitment Timeline Expectations*
- August 15th – November 1st: Application Open
- Early August – Early November: Video Interviews Conducted
- Mid-November: Notification of Selection for Final Interviews & In-Person Final Interviews Conducted
*Subject to change.
**Please ensure that you check your email address used during the application process for any application status updates.
Interested in Learning More? Check Out the Following Sites:
- UPMC Student Opportunities Site: http://careers.upmc.com/pages/students
- ISDR Blog: https://mycareer.upmc.com/tag/information-services-division-rotation-program/
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.