Job Title: Student Nurse Internship (SNI) Program: UPMC Hamot (Erie, PA)
Job ID: 200001R9
Facility: UPMC Hamot
Location: 201 State St, Erie PA 16550
Student Nurse Internship (SNI) Program: UPMC Hamot
Note: In order for your application to be considered, please ensure that you attach all ‘Required Documents to Upload at Time of Application’ noted below.
Does the idea of being a part of Life Changing Medicine inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to put into practice what you’ve learned during nursing school? Would you love the opportunity to learn from a trained preceptor in a 1-on-1 environment? If so, UPMC’s Student Nurse Internship Program might be the perfect way to spend your Summer of 2021!
Here at UPMC, we pride ourselves on developing young talent and providing you an opportunity to learn from the best of the best. We want to invest in the future life changers of our organization… YOU!
About the Program
UPMC’s Student Nurse Internship (SNI) Program is a 10-week paid summer internship. An internship in nursing at UPMC will give you experience engaging with some of the most important pieces of our business… our patients! SNIs have an opportunity to:
- Work directly with a trained preceptor… 1-on-1! This is an amazing opportunity to build a relationship with your preceptor and see first-hand a day in the life of a nurse at UPMC!
- Participate in supplementary educational sessions to continue your learning journey
- Build your confidence as a future nurse
- Work at one hospital on an assigned unit (assignment shared at time of offer)
- Shadow! We know this experience is all about learning, and we want to help you find your sweet spot to start your nursing career at UPMC, so there are plenty of opportunities for shadow experiences (you may just be surprised at what you enjoy the most!).
- Work up to 40 hours/week (Note: SNIs follow their preceptor’s schedule.)
- Learn about system-wide nursing support and GN opportunities (and hopefully secure those opportunities before you even leave the program!)
It doesn’t end there! During your internship program, you will have the opportunity to network with UPMC Nursing Leadership, give back to the community, receive mentorship, and most importantly, make an impact on patient care and Life Changing Medicine. And, of course, have a little bit of fun too!
Come spend your Summer with us!
Required Documents to Upload at Time of Application
- Transcripts (unofficial or official transcripts are accepted)
- Currently enrolled in an Associates or BSN nursing program with an expected graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022 required (Note: At the time of the Program, you must have completed at least your junior year or equivalent)
- Attendance at SNI Program Orientation required (May 25)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 strongly preferred
- BSN students preferred
- Preference will be given to those students wanting to pursue a nursing career at UPMC upon graduation
- Availability to participate in the SNI Program full-time from May to July 2020 for approximately 10 weeks with minimal absence (Yes, don’t worry, you can still enjoy some summer vacation time!)
- Active American Heart Association (AHA) CPR certification throughout the entire summer is required; SNIs will be required to bring proof of current AHA CPR certification to orientation
- Additional clearances may be required based on location and specialty; specific instructions will be provided during onboarding/prior to start date
Recruitment Timeline Expectations*:
- August 15th – November 1st: Application Open
- August – November: Video Interviews Conducted
- November: Notification of Selection for Final Interviews & In-Person Final Interviews Conducted
- December – January: Verbal Offers Extended
*Subject to change.
**Please ensure that you check your email address used during the application process for any application status updates.
Interested in Learning More? Check Out the Following Sites:
- UPMC Student Opportunities Site: http://careers.upmc.com/pages/students
- SNI Blog: https://mycareer.upmc.com/tag/nursing-students/
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.