Summer Associates Program – Finance Internship
Note: In order for your application to be considered, please ensure that you attach all ‘Required Documents to Upload at Time of Application’ noted below.
Are you ready to learn from the best? Does the idea of being a part of Life Changing Medicine inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to put into practice the theories you’ve learned? If so, the UPMC Summer Associates Program might be the perfect way to spend your Summer of 2021!
Here at UPMC, we pride ourselves on developing young talent and providing you an opportunity to learn from the best of the best. We want to invest in the future leaders of our organization… you!
About the Program
As a Summer Associate, you will participate in a full time, 11-week summer internship program with a world-renowned health care provider, whose hospitals are consistently ranked on U.S. News & World Report’s Annual Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals. The Finance Summer Associates Program is a highly competitive, compensated summer internship for college students interested in pursuing a career in Finance. Finance Summer Associates are placed throughout multiple divisions and operations within Corporate Services, Health Services, and Insurance Services. Each placement is unique and includes areas such as financial planning and analysis, accounting, financial reporting, revenue cycle management, and transaction support.
During your internship program, you will have the opportunity to network with UPMC Executives, give back to the Pittsburgh Community through Summer Associate service events, receive mentorship, enhance your skills with hands-on real-world experience and training, and most importantly, work on projects that make an impact on patient care while gaining knowledge on how our UPMC Finance team contributes to Life Changing Medicine. And have a little bit of fun too!
Come spend your Summer with us!
We’re Looking for Students Who…
• Are passionate and determined to make a difference. No mediocracy allowed.
• Want to challenge the standard and create new ways of thinking and executing.
• Can’t wait to see what the next challenge will be. Every day will be different and that excites you.
• Believe in our Core Values. They are not just written on the walls. We demonstrate our commitment to these values daily.
• Have emerging leadership abilities, excellent communication and analytical skills plus thrive in a collaborative environment.
• Care about the work they do, the people we work with and the patients we work for.
• Pride themselves on their integrity. It’s not just about the work we do, but how we do it.
• Current Junior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a target graduation date between December 2021 and August 2022 required
• Majoring in Finance, Accounting, Business, Supply Chain, Economics or related field required
• Cumulative GPA of 3.2 required; Cumulative GPA of 3.4 preferred
• Preference will be given to candidates that have demonstrated leadership ability through their studies, employment, or extracurricular activities
• Availability to participate in the Summer Associates Program full-time from June to August 2021 for approximately 11 weeks with minimal absence (Yes, don’t worry, you can still enjoy some summer vacation time!)
Recruitment Timeline Expectations*:
• August 30th – October 30th: Application Open
• August – October: Video Interviews Conducted
• November: Notification of Selection for Final Interviews & In-Person Final Interviews Conducted
*Subject to change.
**Please ensure that you check your email address used during the application process for any application status updates.
Interested in Learning More? Check Out the Following Sites:
• UPMC Student Opportunities Site: http://careers.upmc.com/pages/students
• Summer Associates Program Blog: https://mycareer.upmc.com/?s=summer+associate
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances: As Required
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.