Finance Management Rotation (FMR) Program
Note: In order for your application to be considered, please ensure that you attach all ‘Required Documents to Upload at Time of Application’ noted below.
Are you interested in pursuing a career in Finance? Do you have a passion for healthcare and want to make a difference by giving back to your community? Consider joining UPMC’s 3-year Finance Management Rotation (FMR) Program! The FMR Program, which is a full-time, salaried position eligible for all of the fantastic UPMC employee benefits, enables high-achieving, recent graduates the chance to pursue three unique, year-long rotations supporting UPMC’s operating divisions and corporate functions.
About the Program
Over the course of this three-year program, you will experience working across multiple UPMC divisions and operational areas. Our accelerated leadership development program includes rotations in – Corporate Services, Health Services Division, and Insurance Services Division. During the course of the program, you will experience frequent, direct exposure to leadership across the organization, including UPMC’s Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
In addition to learning throughout your three year-long rotations at UPMC, participants take part in a variety of service events to give back to the Pittsburgh community, receive career development and personal guidance from our Program Sponsors, rotation managers and mentors, and build lasting connections throughout UPMC. Upon completion of the Program, graduates are highly sought after for complex roles across the organization.
Rotation locations include (but are not limited to):
- Pittsburgh Area:
- Cranberry Township
- Downtown Pittsburgh
- Regional Locations:
- Erie, PA (UPMC Hamot)
- Harrisburg, PA (UPMC Pinnacle)
- Williamsport, PA (UPMC Susquehanna)
Apply now and begin your journey of contributing to Life Changing Medicine!
- Bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between May 2020 and August 2020 -or- current Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a target graduation date between December 2020 and May 2021 required
- Major in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Supply Chain or a related field required
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 required; Cumulative & Major GPA of 3.4 preferred
- Familiarity with data analytics and business intelligence tools required
- Preference will be given to candidates that have demonstrated leadership ability through their studies, employment, or extracurricular activities
- Flexibility and willingness to the possibility of being placed in rotations in the Pittsburgh region and/or our regional locations
Required Documents to Upload at Time of Application
- Transcripts (unofficial or official transcripts are accepted)
- Essay (information below)
Essay: We are interested in getting to know you on both a professional and personal level. We encourage you to be introspective, candid, and succinct. Most importantly, we suggest you be yourself! Please upload a 500 – 1000-word essay on the following topic:
“What do you feel are the most pressing financial challenges for a large healthcare organization, such as UPMC?”
Recruitment Timeline Expectations*
- August 15th – October 15th: Application Open
- Mid-August – Mid-October: Video Interviews Conducted
- Mid September – Mid November: Notification of Selection for Final Interviews & In-Person Final Interviews Conducted
*Subject to change.
**Please ensure that you check your email address used during the application process for any application status updates.
Interested in Learning More? Check Out the Following Sites:
- UPMC Student Opportunities Site: http://careers.upmc.com/pages/students
- FMR Blog: https://mycareer.upmc.com/finding-your-fit-the-upmc-fmr-program/
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances: As Required
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Salary Range: $0 / hour
Union Position: No