The intelligence analyst is primarily responsible for the analysis, processing and distribution of strategic and tactical intelligence. They are integral to providing Army personnel with information about enemy forces and potential battle areas.
- Prepare all-source intelligence products to support the combat commander
- Assess the significance and reliability of incoming information with current intelligence
- Establish and maintain systematic, cross-reference intelligence records and files
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an intelligence analyst requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Critical thinking
- Preparing maps, charts and intelligence reports
- Military symbology
- Using computer systems
- Interest in reading maps and charts
- Gathering information and studying its meaning
- Ability to think, speak and write clearly
· Paid training
· Monthly salary (based off pay grade and time in service)
· Housing and meal allowance for full-time Soldiers
· 30 days of paid vacation each year, in addition to federal holidays for full-time Soldiers
· 401(K) type savings plan
· Full-coverage medical and dental insurance for Soldiers and immediate family members
· Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 coverage)
· Education Benefits (GI Bill) – tuition, housing, and book fees for 36 academic months of college
· Tuition Assistance – up to $4500 per year
· Student Loan Repayment – up to $65,000 in college loan repayment for certain enlistment options
· Signing bonus – up to $40,000 in cash bonuses for completing training in selected Military Occupational Specialties
· Under 35 years old
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident (I-551 Green Card holder)
· High School Diploma or GED
· No major medical or mental health issues
· No major law violations (felony convictions)
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please apply now and within 24-48 hours a member of our recruiting team will contact you directly.