Explosive ordnance disposal specialist Soldiers are the Army’s preeminent tactical and technical explosives experts. They are warriors who are properly trained, equipped and integrated to attack, defeat and exploit unexploded ordnance, improvised explosive devices and weapons of mass destruction.
Explosive ordnance disposal specialists are the culmination of the best tactical and technical training the Army and civilian academia can provide. They are prepared to perform missions in support of Army units worldwide, across all operational environments.
- Research and identify ordnance
- Assist in the preparation and use of advance robotics
- Explosively disposing of hazardous ordnance
- Prepare and maintain tools, equipment and vehicles
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an explosive ordnance disposal specialist requires 37 weeks of Advanced Individual training split between Fort Lee, VA (8 weeks) and Eglin Air Force Base, FL (28 weeks).
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Basic electronics/electricity fundamentals
- Hazards and identification of United States and foreign munitions
- Demolition materials, procedures and operations
- Chemical and biological ordnance and operations
- Interest in algebra, chemistry, physics, geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Aptitude for planning and organizing
- Work calmly under stress
- Effectively use computers
- Paid training
- Salary Pay
- Housing and meal allowance for full-time positions
- 30 days of paid vacation each year, in addition to federal holidays
- 401(K) type savings plan
- Full-coverage medical and dental insurance for Soldiers and immediate family members
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 coverage)
- Education Benefits (GI Bill) – tuition, housing, and book fees for 36 academic months of college
- Tuition Assistance – up to $4500 per year
- Student Loan Repayment – up to $65,000 in college loan repayment
- Signing bonus – up to $40,000 in cash bonuses
In order to meet the minimum qualifications, you must:
· Be a US Citizen or Hold at least permanent residence (I-551/Greed Card)
· Have no major medical issues
· Have no major law violations (Felony level)
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please apply now and within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email from our recruiting team, directly.
Adam Boktor Sr.
United States Army Recruiter