Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Specialists are primarily responsible for defending the country against the threat of CBRN weapons and Weapons of Mass Destruction.
- Assist in the establishment of CBRN defense measures
- Provide training advice and supervision regarding CBRN equipment and operations
- Train military and civilian personnel on CBRN response operations
- Operate and maintain CBRN detection and decontamination equipment
- Serve on Biological Integrated Detection Teams, STRYKER NBC Reconnaissance Platoons, Technical Escort Battalions, Special Forces and Ranger Units
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a CBRN specialist requires 10 weeks of basic training, where you learn basic soldiering skills, and 11 weeks of Advanced Individual Training and on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Operation of CBRN Decontamination, Defense, Detection and Monitoring Equipment
- Preparation for CBRN defense Actions/Procedures
- Wear and use of protective equipment
- Hazardous Material Certification (at the awareness level)
- Exposure to toxic agents while wearing CBRN protective equipment
- Communicate effectively
- Interest in algebra, chemistry, physics, geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to plan and organize
- Work calmly under tremendous stress
- Paid training
- Salary Pay
- Housing and meal allowance for full-time positions
- 30 days of paid vacation each year, in addition to federal holidays
- 401(K) type savings plan
- Full-coverage medical and dental insurance for Soldiers and immediate family members
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 coverage)
- Education Benefits (GI Bill) – tuition, housing, and book fees for 36 academic months of college
- Tuition Assistance – up to $4500 per year
- Student Loan Repayment – up to $65,000 in college loan repayment
- Signing bonus – up to $40,000 in cash bonuses
In order to meet the minimum qualifications, you must:
· Be a US Citizen or Hold at least permanent residence (I-551/Greed Card)
· Have no major medical issues
· Have no major law violations (Felony level)
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please apply now and within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email from our recruiting team, directly.
Adam Boktor Sr.
United States Army Recruiter