Game on! Join an international, award-winning team to enhance your management experience! The Games Leadership Internship at Morey’s Piers is a supervisory-level position that provides the opportunity for future professionals to develop management, leadership and guest service skills in a fast-paced, fun, exciting, and rewarding environment with an award-winning Games department!
Morey’s Piers operates approximately 40 games of skill and fun across its three amusement piers and two beachfront water parks. In 2019, Morey’s Pier Games Operation was internationally recognized by receiving a Brass Ring Award for being the Best Midway Games Operation from the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA). The IAAPA Brass Ring Awards annually recognize achievement and innovation excellence throughout the global attractions industry.
Interns will be key members of the Games Management Team and are responsible for the daily operation and management of an area of games (typically consisting of approximately 8-15 revenue producing stands), which employ 30-70 seasonal team members. Interns will assist in overall games facility operations. This includes operating games, daily staff supervision, organizing associate activities, training individuals and groups, identifying and resolving problems, cash control and risk management. Top priorities include being outgoing and motivated, ensuring the safety of our guests and fellow team members, facility cleanliness, and providing Guest Service that exceeds expectations.
Due to the seasonal nature of the Wildwoods, ample affordable seasonal housing is available for summer residents. In fact, over 90% of the seasonal team at Morey’s Piers are from out-of-state and spend their summer in Wildwood.
Morey’s Piers company-owned housing may be available for interns.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
· U.S. Citizen or legally eligible to work in the U.S.
· At least 18 years of age.
· Attending college or recent graduate.
· High level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Successful completion of all departmental training programs.
· Able to work both independently and in a team-based environment.
· Able to work in a high-intensity environment
· Able to balance multiple priorities.
· Able to maintain confidentiality.
· Prior supervisory experience in games, retail or amusement park setting a plus.
· High level of communication (verbal/written) and time management skills.
· Able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Able to perform physical activities that require lifting, balancing, climbing, stooping, and bending.
· Able to push, pull or lift up to 25 lbs.
· Able to stand/walk up to 12 hours at a time.
· Able to work in various weather conditions (rain, wind, cold, direct sunlight, high heat, humidity).