This is a Full Time Management position within the Hospitality Department, reporting directly to the VP of Hospitality, with varying day and evening hours. This individual will assist in leading a team that is dedicated to providing superior guest service to its guests. The Hotel General Manager, will ensure with proper management, that their staff are ready to fill-in shifts as needed, be available for weekends and respond to any duties as prescribed.
Essential Duties: (To include other duties that may be assigned.)
- To uphold Lakeside’s Mission Statement, and to personally represent its goals and values at all times while on the Lakeside Chautauqua grounds
- Responsible for managing the operations of the Hotel Lakeside and Fountain Inn
- Responsible for the daily revenue management of these facilities, including rate positioning and the development of promotions
- Oversee all general maintenance of Hotel Lakeside and Fountain Inn
- Evaluate and submit budgetary needs to VP of Hospitality and CFO on an annual basis, with recommendations for capital improvements included
- Play a supervisory role in carrying out housekeeping, and continental breakfast functions
· Be a team leader in the area of hotel and campground reservations
· Maintain superior training standards for all hotel personnel
· Work with team in evaluating budgetary needs on an annual basis
· Coordinate Hotel Lakeside and Fountain Inn reservations for large groups
· Submit daily financial paperwork to Accounting Department when necessary
· Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Hotel staff
· Spend a period of time daily being visible at both the Hotel Lakeside and Fountain Inn, out of your office and viewing staff/ guest interactions
· Resolve guest issues and challenges when appropriate, both during and after the stay
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the policies of Lakeside Chautauqua. Responsibilities include participating in the hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding employees. Hotel General Manager is to be in direct communication with VP of Hospitality.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university; and/or 2 to 5 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the operation.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, portions, percentages and to apply the basic math concepts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk;
use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, climb or balance;
specific vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.