The Supply Chain intern program offers talented college students an opportunity to gain hands on experience in working with a number of leaders to learn the Supply Chain business from one of the world’s leading retailers. During a 10 – 12 week period, interns will be assigned to functional teams such as transportation, inventory planning and replenishment, distribution, analytics, direct fulfillment, and channel management, to learn day-to-day operations, supply chain skills and overall comprehension of the retail business at the Home Depot’s corporate office.MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and risks
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations. Make recommendations to upper management.
- Provide comprehensive report out to supply chain senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Typically reports to Manager or Sr. Manager
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Currently pursuing an Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, Mathematics/Statistics, or related field
- Experience with software programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to interact with business partners (internal & external)
- Ability to negotiate and participate in change management
- Effective interpersonal and problem solving skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Team oriented; Creative and innovative
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and schedule demands