The Dallas Morning News offers internships in covering the exciting world of entertainment from our downtown Dallas office. Interns will be assigned a variety of tasks related to subjects including music, food, festivals, things to do, local celebrities, pop culture and more. In addition to writing for both DallasNews.com and the print edition of Guide, interns will also be expected to participate in social media, collaborate with other writers on projects and potentially work with video (both behind and in front of the camera).
Applicants should send no more than eight newspaper clips or story links. Clips may be reduced, but must be legible, or the application will be rejected.
The applicant’s primary clips or links should focus on the specific position the applicant desires, but clips or links showing a variety of reporting and writing ability are acceptable. GuideLive prides itself on its ability to have fun, so clips that showcase a proficiency in lighthearted professionalism are appreciated.
The application deadline is October 30th
What they look for in an entertainment intern:
- Friendliness & ability to hold an interesting conversation, both with people in the newsroom and with sources as we plie them for information
- Self-starter: comes up with own story ideas and executes them with little hand-holding
- Deep knowledge of culture and government
- Applicants must be enrolled in college and working toward a degree (associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate) or they may have graduated within six months prior to the internship start date.
- Previous daily news experience at a professional news organization is requested.