WHO IS HIRING
A profitable and growing company whose goal is to offer the absolute best software for the fabrication industry. We have a dedicated and fun team of people who are a pleasure to work with and highly motivated to serve our clients and improve our product. Location in or near St. Louis would be ideal, but we will consider a remote worker from anywhere in the United States.
This is a full time, unique and exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and highly-skilled developer with high integrity and great communication skills.
- Are you motivated by the gratitude expressed by end-users after you roll out a new feature?
- Do you smile to yourself after you create a report that shows your client exactly what he wants to see?
- Do you enjoy making decisions on technologies and strategies that impact the long-term success of your own company?
- Have you experienced the satisfaction of reducing the time to run a SQL query from 10 seconds down to 1 second?
- Do you appreciate working with colleagues who are eager to add value for their clients and excited to make changes that enhance the value of their own company?
- Have you been able to teach yourself new technologies and learn new methods for creating powerful software?
If you answered “yes!”, we want you to apply for this incredible opportunity!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to enhancing the current app by implementing an existing list of desired features, you will also be key in deciding which features will be added in the future, and how best to meet the needs of our clients.
The primary application uses WPF (C#), Entity Framework, WCF and Azure SQL to provide a powerful and highly efficient solution to the countertop industry. Two Xamarin mobile apps are also included which will need to maintained and enhanced going forward. Also, we have plans for brand new web apps to be developed in the future.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We want to help you develop – it’s at the core of who we are. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and you believe you can make a strong contribution to the success of the team.
- Experience with C#, .NET, XAML and WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation)
- Experience developing T-SQL objects for Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with MVVM, Entity Framework and WCF services
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Services
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, including Azure SQL, Web Apps, Azure Storage, VMs and other resources
- Familiarity with Xamarin mobile technology
- Familiarity with Power BI
- Experience in the countertop or construction industry would be a bonus
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Communicate with teams members and implementation specialists
- Test and maintain software products to optimize functionality
- Configure and maintain Azure to produce a stable, durable, and high-performing app
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Work independently and multi-task effectively
- Be willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Training will initially require the employee to be onsite in Crestwood, Missouri, but the long-term location will be from home
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined, and willing to work from home
- Must be comfortable talking to clients, understanding their needs, and translating that to powerful and efficient solutions
- Must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States