Note: You must apply @ https://findjobs.statefarm.com/ to be considered for this role.
A Day in the Life:
The Risk & Compliance internship program offers hands-on work experience leveraging training, mentoring, and development opportunities! A variety of departments within State Farm host Risk & Compliance Interns.
State Farm is seeking motivated college students to participate in a summer internship program designed to provide a foundation of understanding of risk and compliance. During the eleven week program, interns gain meaningful, hands-on work experience at a Fortune 50 company by working directly with State Farm associates to assist in protecting the enterprise from legal, regulatory, financial and reputational harm to support the organizations’ goals to grow profitably and provide Re3markable® customer experiences.
- Develop understanding of State Farm’s mission, vision, values, and priorities
- Collaborate with stakeholders to engage in projects and initiatives supporting strategic priorities, goals and imperatives
- Gain exposure to Risk and Compliance functions throughout Three Lines of Defense
- Gain perspective surrounding State Farm and your assigned business area’s risks and controls
- Assist in the development of reporting and presentations to leadership
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and mitigate process and control gaps for continuous improvement
- Participate in Summer Intern events that will increase business acumen, introduce you to other risk and compliance business areas, and interact with risk and compliance leadership
We Are Looking for Candidates With:
- Interest in the risk and compliance profession who is a rising junior or rising senior
- Initiative, resourcefulness and relationship building skills
- Strong written & oral communication skills who can present to varying audiences, including executives
- Understanding of data analysis and ability to synthesize large amounts of data
- A curious, proactive and solution-oriented mindset and confident decision making skills
- Strong learning agility and the ability to apply that learning in new or changing situations to achieve results
- Ability to make course corrections quickly and are comfortable with ambiguity
- A creative, innovative personality who’s comfortable sharing process improvement ideas
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Desired Majors can include but not limited to: Business (Accounting, Finance, Marketing, etc.), Communication, Data Analytics/Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, Information Security, Insurance, Risk Management
- Minimum GPA: 3.5
What You Can Expect:
Pay Rate: $20 – $22 per hour
Start/End Dates: May 17, 2021 – July 30, 2021
Paid holidays: Memorial Day and Fourth of July
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Duration of Internship: 11 weeks
Multiple location opportunity:
Three (3) interns will be placed at Corporate Headquarters located in Bloomington, IL; one (1) intern will be placed in Tempe, AZ.
What’s in it for You?
- A Learning Culture – mentoring, employee development and more!
- Dress Code – dress for your day philosophy – we trust you.
- Diversity and Inclusion – simply the right thing to do.
- Volunteer Opportunities: get involved and give back to the community
- Leadership networking events
- Intern stipend: eligible to qualified applicants
- Real world work experiences!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!