One-year position beginning August 2020
Instructional Associates provide St. Edmund’s Academy with invaluable support of the teaching
and learning process while gaining meaningful experience in areas of professional interest.
Candidates may be in the early stages of their career in education or are those interested in
cultivating a passion for education through this role.
Among the responsibilities assigned to Instructional Associates include:
- Teaching classes across a range of grade levels and disciplines for teachers who are absent.
- Providing instructional support for teachers requiring assistance.
- Developing and implementing a professional learning plan in coordination with a lead teacher and division director.
- Supporting the school’s operation as needed.
Qualified candidates should have a bachelors degree, or equivalent experience, and possess a
desire to support children in a nurturing environment committed to high academic standards for
all children. Additionally, candidates should demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and
inclusion and interpersonal cultural competence.
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter to Liz Casey, Manager of Academic Information Systems.
St. Edmund’s Academy Mission
St. Edmund’s Academy provides an exceptional independent school experience for students in
Preschool through 8th grade, combining a rigorous academic curriculum with enduring Core Values
and rich tradition in a nurturing environment.
St. Edmund’s Academy Core Values
– Respect for the needs and feelings of others
– Understanding and appreciation of the differences among people
– The worthiness of service to others
– The importance of taking responsibility for one’s own conduct
– The central role of honesty in relationships
– The value of setting high standards in all endeavors
St. Edmund’s Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation in the administration of its employment policies, or any other policy of the program.