The Video Operations SWAT team intern is responsible for supporting tactical initiatives designed to streamline troubleshooting, prevent human error and enhance platform knowledge for the Video Support Center engineers. Using technology and software, the intern will provide in-depth analysis of Video Operating systems with an intent to identify areas in which VSC engineers are not adequately equipped to be successful, and propose solutions to close those gaps. The Video Operations Support Center supports the full gamut of Video systems and platforms, so the ability to quickly understand new technologies, seek understanding of interconnected systems, and solve complex problems is what we are looking for in an intern.
The program is 10 weeks in length and will run from June through August 2021.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance Video platform performance
- Assist VSC SWAT engineers in developing dynamic guides for common issues
- Develop, design and implement proposed software solutions
- Identify, resolve and escalate as required operational and design issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make systems more efficient.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet serviceability requirements and improve customer experience.
- Support the teams providing reliable and consistent operation of these systems in order to provide a quality entertainment and information experience for our customers.
- Provides technical and analytical support to the SWAT team initiatives
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and / or related field from an accredited University; Masters’ degree is preferred.
- Rising Junior (current Sophomore) or above Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA required
- Experience performing application configuration, programming, installation, and maintenance within a Systems Administration capacity
- Experience with data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Experience with Python and other scripting language and UI development
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.