PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Assists certified Perfusionists in all aspects of care rendered, consistent with hospital specific and SpecialtyCare policies and procedures. Provides patient care through autotranfusion and other patient care services for cardiac and non-cardiac surgical procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Open heart surgery support assistance under the direct supervision of a Certified Clinical Perfusionist, the Cardiovascular Surgeon and/or Anesthesiologist:
- Perform other surgical procedures requiring autotransfusion services including platelet rich plasma processing:
- Perform procedures under the direct supervision of the attending physician for those patients requiring an Intra-aortic Balloon Pump (IABP) as directed by the physician:
- Perform electronic physiological monitoring
- Manage laboratory services/lab analysis equipment.
- Collects and reports quality indicator data as requested.
- Notifies appropriate person(s)/department(s) when problems develop with equipment and/or personnel as established in SpecialtyCares’ protocols and policies.
- Cleans equipment at end of each case, prepares equipment for next case and appropriately disposes of all refuse.
- Informs appropriate individuals of inventory level, equipment condition, and general needs.
- Assists physician, perfusionist and other clinical staff members as requested.
- Ensures that supplies are ordered, stocked and available as needed.
- Establishes and maintains procedures to communicate and document potential or real equipment problems to all members of the clinical team.
- May participate in appropriate hospital committees for demonstration of quality (e.g. blood management and process/outcome improvement). Presents data to these committees and the surgeons on at least a quarterly basis.
- May be required to competently support surgical procedures outside core service line duties by means of cross training and in-services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred.
SpecialtyCare, Inc. (including its affiliates) (SC) is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.