PATIENT REPRESENTATIVE (Bilingual English / Spanish)
- LOCATION: Santa Ana, CA
- JOB TYPE: Full Time (40 hours per week); Direct Hire Employee
- SHIFT HOURS: Monday – Friday 10:00am – 7:00pm
- POSITION: Entry Level
- PAY RATE: Based on experience
- START DATE: Immediately
South Coast Pediatrics has been serving patients in the Orange County community with empathy, kindness, caring and respect for over 39 years. Our medical practice has three medical offices, which are located in Santa Ana and Anaheim. The medical practice provides preventive medicine, sick and urgent care services seven days a week. We’re affiliated with over 10 health plans and serve over 16,000 patients providing thousands of visits a year. Our physicians and staff are committed to provide the highest standard of patient care. We are looking to hire a new Receptionist for our “Day Shift” position with the hours of Monday – Friday from 10:00am – 7:00pm.
The Receptionist is a member of the South Coast Pediatric team who functions under the direction, guidance and supervision of the office manager. The representative greets and checks in all patients reporting to the medical office in a professional and courteous manner using the NextGen electronic medical record. This position is responsible for accurate check-in, verifying patient’s demographics and insurance coverage and for having a general knowledge of the patient workflow in order to assist patients with questions and concerns. Requires use of the computer, telephones, scanners and copier. Demonstrates strong customer service and communication skills, which must be maintained with all patients and co-workers. Adhere to HIPAA and patient confidentiality requirements.
- Greet patients
- Answers incoming telephone calls
- Completes accurate patient registration, such as, verification of patient demographics and payer coverage and make copies of all insurance ID cards
- Provide appropriate documentation to patients as needed and review for completeness
- Collect co-payments at time of check in and perform scheduled deposit drops in the safe
- Verify when patients are due for vaccines, physicals and/or follow-ups appointments.
- Assist in processing patient requests in a timely manner (WIC or school forms etc.)
- Conducts “Reminder Calls” for the patients for the following day.
- Must keep lobby and front desk orderly at all times
- Perform TB readings and documentation into the electronic medical record. And update vaccination.
- Faxing, scanning, copying or requesting medical records
- Receiving, sorting and distributing packages or mail from various carriers to appropriate personnel
- Assisting in making H.E.D.I.S. calls or “No Show” calls when needed
- Provide excellent customer service to all patients & co-workers and maintain a high level of customer service.
In addition to the job description above, the Receptionist is to perform any additional /miscellaneous duties as requested by the management team within the scope of practice.
- 6 months clerical experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Working knowledge of computers / keyboarding
- Ability to pleasantly handle interruptions in work-tasks due to greeting people and answering multi-phone lines
- 6 months previous clerical experience in a health care setting
- Medical Assistant certificate
- Knowledge of insurance plans
- Experience registering patients with NextGen or similar Electronic Medical Records system
- Medical Terminology
- Experience with Cash Collection
BENEFITS (after 3-month probation):
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurances
- 401K (after 1 year of employment)
***Full Time position for our “Day Shift” position with the hours of Monday – Friday from 10:00am – 7:oopm***