*This position is only accepting applications for a wait-list at this time. Once positions become available, we will schedule interviews.*
Job Summary: Role is responsible for safe handling and operation of Entertainment equipment such as lighting, sound, and technical running of a show. Entertainment Technicians are required to interact with guests, Team Members, and supervisors on a daily basis. Additionally, Entertainment Technicians are required to continuously work outdoors and closely with others. Technicians occasionally will work alone and will always be exposed to direct sunlight, dust, dirt, and water. Must be able to function in all weather conditions including extreme heat and extreme cold for long periods of time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to promote the park with the utmost enthusiasm and pride while setting up equipment
- Arrange safe handling of all equipment (lighting, microphones, amplifiers etc)
- Regularly give equipment basic maintenance and have the ability to use tools
- Must be able to move large props on and off stage
- Must swipe in and out each day to receive correct pay for the week
- Maintain proper attendance and meet deadlines
- Ensure guest safety and satisfaction in their stay at Six Flags
- Ensure standards of performance for all areas within their responsibilities are met
- Maintain a clean working environment both in guest view and behind the scenes
- Resolve guest concerns that may arise on a daily basis
- Respond to any emergency situation in the area and maintain control
- Ensure that image, cleanliness and courtesy standards are met
- Cooperate with all team members and managers
- Complete any and all tasks as requested by Six Flags Management
Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Safety conscious
- Outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Willing to actively engage guests
- At least 18 years of age
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language, including the ability to read, speak, and understand the English language
- Available to work flexible hours at nights and on weekends
- Requires continuous sitting, standing, bending, hand/eye coordination, near vision, hearing and speech. Requires frequent kneeling, manual dexterity, gross motor skills and color definition. Requires using a telephone/radio
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time and as many as 14 hours a day
- Must be able to walk up to 3 miles per day over various surfaces
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs consistently
- Must be able to lift and lower 10 lbs above shoulder level
- Must be able to climb a stepladder up to 8ft in height.
- Basic understanding of signal flow through audio platforms
- Basic understanding of tech related vocabulary (ie. Focus, pan, tilt, auxiliary, processing, etc)
- Ability to trouble shoot on the fly
- Valid state driver’s license a plus
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. With a culture built on safety, service, fun and friendliness, integrity, innovation, and results orientation, our mission at Six Flags Great Adventure is to create fun and thrills for all ages.
What’s in it for you?
- Free food for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Exclusive Rides parties for all employees
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Complimentary tickets
- In-Park discounts and more!
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required, meeting the on-going needs of the company.