A Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS) Clinician in the TBS program provides short-term and intensive behaviorally-focused services for youth ages 3-21 who are engaging in behaviors that place them at risk of a higher level of care. Through time-limited, one-to-one behavioral interventions, TBS provides the child with skills to effectively manage the behaviors that are jeopardizing his/her placement in the lowest appropriate level of care.
TBS sessions are scheduled in accordance with the child and family’s needs, with interventions developed based on the family’s specific skills, values, and strengths to promote sustainable change. As the youth reaches the initial TBS behavioral goal, a transition plan is set in place to ensure sustainability of the treatment progress, and a graduation celebration is organized to acknowledge the achievements of the youth and family.
Seneca supports clinicians towards licensure and beyond. We provide individual and group supervision, regular clinical case conferences, and licensure and renewal courses led by field experts. Expenses such as outside trainings or licensure fees can be mitigated though your clinical training stipend, and you will receive a $4000 salary increase upon getting licensed. Looking to expand your clinical skills even more? Apply for a Professional Development Scholarship and achieve certifications in areas such as CBT, DBT, EMDR, or Spanish for mental health practitioners. Training and growth opportunities in the agency are abundant, and Seneca is committed to helping you advance in your career!
Seneca’s comprehensive employee benefits package ensures that you are just as supported outside of work. We provide 75% of your medical premium, and full coverage for dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, long term disability, and life insurance. We also cover 50% of premiums for dependents. Our fully-paid Employee Assistance Program provides mental health support as well as work and life services, and you will accrue 5 weeks of paid time off every year.
Seneca is always looking for ways to actively empower and uplift traditionally marginalized communities. We are honored to lead a nationwide effort, Todo Por Mi Familia, a campaign to find and connect families who sought asylum in the United States to mental health services. Seneca’s agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the families we serve.
- Provide counseling, therapy, and case management services to ensure the successful transition of clients and their families to community based resources.
- Provide time limited behaviorally focused mental health support services to clients and their families, which includes behavior management techniques, up to and including physical restraint.
- Participate in treatment reviews, program staff meetings, and IEP meetings when necessary.
- Complete progress notes and other required paperwork, and complete service tracking documentation as indicated.
- Participate in weekly individual and group supervision as required.
- Assist with planning for transportation arrangements for school, therapy appointments, and court hearings.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling.
- Eligible to register with the BBS.
- Bilingual Spanish/English abilities a plus!
- Own vehicle, valid California Driver’s License and insurance.
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprinting, and any other State/Federal requirements.
- Experience in working with children and their families in a variety of mental health settings, preferred.
- Experience providing crisis assessment, management, and interventions, preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team with a diverse population of clients.
- Monday – Friday
- Full-time, flexible schedule with the ability to work some evening/weekend hours as needed
- Some on-call responsibilities
- Competitive salary.
- Annual performance evaluations provide the opportunity for a salary increase each year.
- Relocation assistance may be available.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including 75% paid premiums for medical and fully covered dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, long term disability, and life insurance, as well as 50% paid premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off.
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure.
- Training stipend and professional development opportunities
- Opportunities to develop specialized skills, including clinical supervision and evidence-based practices.