Seneca’s Outpatient Therapy program provides family-centered, strengths-based and outcome-oriented therapeutic services to children, youth and their families in Santa Clara County. Our Bilingual (Spanish/English) Outpatient Therapists engage clients in meaningful and authentic relationships while providing a safe, predictable, and relentlessly positive environment that aligns with our clients’ values and cultures. Outpatient Therapy services include assessment, highly individualized treatment plan development, individual, family, and group therapy, individual rehabilitation services, access to 24/7 crisis intervention services, and case management. Our services are provided almost exclusively in the clients’ environments, in order to maximize the relevance and transferability of the new skills and capacities they are developing.
Seneca supports clinicians towards licensure and beyond. We provide individual and group supervision, regular clinical case conferences, and licensure and renewal courses led by field experts. Expenses such as outside trainings or licensure fees can be mitigated though your clinical training stipend, and you will receive a $4000 salary increase upon getting licensed. Looking to expand your clinical skills even more? Apply for a Professional Development Scholarship and achieve certifications in areas such as CBT, DBT, EMDR, or Spanish for mental health practitioners. Training and growth opportunities in the agency are abundant, and Seneca is committed to helping you advance in your career!
Seneca’s comprehensive employee benefits package ensures that you are just as supported outside of work. We provide 75% of your medical premium, and full coverage for dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, long term disability, and life insurance. We also cover 50% of premiums for dependents. Our fully-paid Employee Assistance Program provides mental health support as well as work and life services, and you will accrue 5 weeks of paid time off every year.
Seneca is always looking for ways to actively empower and uplift traditionally marginalized communities. We are honored to lead a nationwide effort, Todo Por Mi Familia, a campaign to find and connect families who sought asylum in the United States to mental health services. Seneca’s agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the families we serve.
- Provide weekly individual therapy for 14-18 clients and families.
- Meet weekly with clients’ families for family therapy as appropriate.
- Coordinates case management services for clients and caregivers.
- Collaborates with agency staff, caregivers, other professionals and interested parties to formulate and implement individual client treatment plans, behavioral programs and interventions.
- Chart mental health notes, treatment plans, outcome measures, incident reports, and other documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain close communication with other Seneca providers to design, implement, and monitor treatment planning for clients.
- Communicate with outside professionals involved with clients as needed.
- Meet weekly with other clinical staff for team supervision/case conference and present cases on a rotating basis.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed including aiding in physical management of the clients using Seneca’s Equilibrium Model Training.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field.
- Bilingual Spanish/English abilities required.
- Eligible to register with the California BBS.
- Own vehicle, valid California Drivers License, and insurance.
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other licensing or certification requirements.
- Experience working with children in out-of-home care preferred.
- Full-time, some on-call responsibilities
- Flexible schedule with ability to work some evening/weekend hours as needed
- Increased Compensation Package with an additional salary increase for bilingual (English/Spanish) abilities
- Annual performance evaluations provide the opportunity for a salary increase each year
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including 75% paid premiums for medical and fully covered dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, long term disability, and life insurance, as well as 50% paid premiums for dependents
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure
- Training stipend and professional development opportunities
- Opportunities to develop specialized skills, including clinical supervision and evidence-based practices