COMPASS Petaluma is designed to provide treatment to youth involved in the child welfare system, provide a safe and supportive environment in our ISFC neighborhood and successfully transition them to an alternative placement with connection to natural supports. The Awake Overnight Crisis Counselor in the Comprehensive Assessment and Stabilization Program (COMPASS) provides crisis support and coaching to youth while providing a safe and nurturing environment. Awake Overnight Counselors provide supervision and support to youth during the overnight hours, remaining awake at all times and ensure the safety and wellbeing of each client.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. Celebrating diversity and creating a culture of inclusion increases creativity, innovation, problem solving, and teamwork. Seneca’s agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the families we serve. For more information on our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative, click here!
- Support youth during bedtime and in the morning as they get ready for school.
- Provide supervision throughout the night for each youth.
- Assist in Case Management duties when indicated.
- Work in collaboration with the caregiver and treatment team members, including assisting the preparation of treatment plans and safety plans.
- Assist clients in self-administration of medication as needed.
- Complete daily progress notes and incident reports, which keep track of significant events that happen on site.
- Participate in weekly supervision and team meetings.
- Provide crisis intervention for youth, using de-escalation techniques to resolve conflicts; this may include physical management of clients and implementation of Seneca’s Equilibrium Model.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bilingual abilities a plus!
- Prefer experience in working with children in residential care and/or in the community
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprinting, and any other State/Federal requirements
- Own vehicle, California Driver’s License, and insurability through Seneca’s automobile policy
- Clear TB test, health screening, criminal background check, and any other mandatory State or Federal licensing and certification requirements
Two schedules available:
- Sunday – Thursday, 10pm – 6am
- Tuesday – Saturday, 10pm – 6am
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including; medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage and partially paid premiums for dependents.
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off.
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities