Digital Marketing Associate
Digital Marketing Associates serve at the intersection of our customers and technology. As a Digital Marketing Associate, you will work on either the Digital Marketing or Content Operations teams. In this role, you will be working on critical projects to support our businesses by analyzing data; creating insights; developing, executing, and planning marketing campaigns on behalf of our parent and teacher audiences.
The ideal candidate for this role requires strong communication skills, the ability to manage project scope and deadlines, and a commitment to delivering the highest quality in all projects. Being analytically minded, detail oriented, creative and passionate about making a difference is a must for this role. Candidates recognize that a collaborative mindset and a “can do” attitude is key in order to learn, contribute and grow at Scholastic.
- Digital Marketing: The digital marketing team works to reach our parent and teacher customers across a wide array of owned, earned, and paid channels. As an associate on this team, you will help ensure that the needs of the business and customers are being met by following a campaign from ideation through execution. Associates on the product team proactively seek to understand each division’s business objectives and how they fit into the overall business strategy. They also serve as a contributing member of the digital marketing team, helping to do competitive analysis, understand our position relative to other campaigns in the market, monitor campaigns for KPI performance and optimization, launch A/B and proof-of-concept tests, and have a technical understanding of all our running feeds.
- Content Operations: The content operations team reaches customers daily through innovative content across many digital marketing channels. As an associate on this team, you will be responsible for producing best-in-class content for Scholastic’s parent and educator audience. This position plays a vital role in supporting eCommerce functions. The Content Operations team also serves our business units’ content needs and supports various company initiatives.
- Graduation date in Spring/Summer of 2021
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree in related field
- Excellent analytical, logical reasoning and problem solving capabilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to manage competing priorities
- An ability to present and discuss information in a clear and compelling manner that promotes consensus.
- Passion for Data Driven decision making (“In Numbers We Trust” mindset)
- Must be energetic and self-motivated, responding to issues quickly with an open and positive attitude
Experience with one or more of the following preferred:
- Experience with GSuite and Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience with project tracking/documentation tools
- Familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
- Proficiency in spreadsheet analysis and PowerPoint
- Business Intelligence and data visualization tools
- Web analytics tools (Google AdWords, Google Search Console, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics/Omniture)
- Knowledge of publishing industry or multi-channel product management
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children’s media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children’s learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 100 year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to “Open a World of Possible” for all children. Learn more at Scholastic.com/AboutScholastic.
About the Associate Program
Scholastic’s Technology Associate Program is designed to identify, train, and promote the next generation of leaders. Each new-hire class receives comprehensive training and is quickly given responsibility to deliver on business goals using industry-leading tools, partners, and technology – all while working in an agile, iterative model that emphasizes collaboration, transparency, and goal-oriented development.