Schaffner, Knight, Minnaugh & Company, P.C. (SKM) is a regional certified public accounting firm specializing in for-profit owner operated businesses. We are headquartered in Erie, Pennsylvania and a member of the RSM US Alliance, a premier affiliation of independently owned accounting and consulting firms. This affiliation allows us to provide the services of a national firm with the hands on approach provided by a regional firm. Together with RSM US, LLP we are the 5th largest U.S. provider of accounting, assurance, tax and business consulting services with 7,000 professionals in nearly 90 offices nationwide.
Our employees enjoy the opportunity to work directly with client’s key decision makers and the owners of high profile and emerging businesses. This hands-on experience helps them gain a better understanding of the challenges facing our clients and allows them to see, firsthand, the positive impact their work can have on the client’s business.
Applicants should meet the following minimum requirements:
· Overall GPA of 3.2
· 3rd or 4th year Accounting major (Strong Sophomores will be considered)
· Reliable transportation
· Business attire
· Minimum of 20-30 hours per week
Attributes highly desired in our applicant:
· Strong computer skills, including QuickBooks, MS Excel, MS Word
· Motivated by fast-paced environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Interest in staying in Erie upon graduation
· Desire to obtain their CPA designation after graduation
As an Assurance/Tax Winter Intern at SKM you will work with businesses in diverse industries and receive hands-on client experience.
Interns provide quality CPA services to the Firm’s clients by performing the duties and responsibilities listed below in an efficient and effective manner.
· Develops relationships with firm employees
· Becomes proficient in assisting clients with routine accounting functions
· Drafts financial statements under prescribed format
· Prepares portions of compilation, review, and audit engagements
· Prepares individual income tax returns
· Has a working knowledge of our computer applications
· Is knowledgeable of accounting pronouncements and demonstrates a basic income tax understanding
From the very beginning, our interns are immersed in our culture. Our interns begin their career with SKM being assigned mentors who will assist them through the early days and throughout their internship at The Firm.
For more information, visit the Schaffner, Knight, Minnaugh & Company, P.C. Web site at www.skmco.com.