Schaffner, Knight, Minnaugh & Company, P.C., seeks experienced, highly motivated individuals to join our Jamestown and Erie offices.
As an experienced audit & accounting specialist at Schaffner, Knight, Minnaugh & Company, P.C., you will work with businesses in diverse industries in the Erie area. You will provide quality services to the Firm’s clients by performing the following duties and responsibilities:
· Assists in planning, performing and completing for-profit audits, reviews and compilation engagements.
· Responsible for completion of the engagement in accordance with the firm’s high-quality standards.
· Interested in developing relationships with clients’ key decision makers.
· Passionate about developing interns and associates through delegation and training.
· Interested in continually developing a professional network
As an experienced tax specialist at Schaffner, Knight, Minnaugh & Company, P.C. you will work with businesses and individuals in diverse industries in the Jamestown/Erie area. In addition, you will provide quality services to the Firm’s clients by performing the duties and responsibilities listed below.
· Develop relationships with clients. Become proficient in assisting clients with routine tax questions and issues
· Become familiar with and adhere to the Firm’s policies and procedures
· Prepare individual, corporate, partnership and fiduciary tax returns
· Have a working knowledge of all computer applications, which are routinely used
· Supervise staff in planning, performing and completing tax engagements
· Responsible for completion of the engagement in accordance with the firm’s high-quality standards
· Interested in developing relationships with our client’s key decision makers
· Passionate about developing interns and associates through delegation and training
· Interested in continually developing their professional network
Applicants should meet the following minimum requirements to apply:
· Bachelor’s degree in a business/accounting field
· CPA designation or a candidate to become a CPA
· Minimum 2 years public accounting experience
Attributes highly desired
· Strong computer skills, including MS Excel and Word
· Motivated by fast-paced environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong desire for continued personal improvement
· Commitment to a career in providing the highest level of professional service to quality clients
Schaffner, Knight, Minnaugh & Company, P.C. is a regional certified public accounting firm specializing in for-profit owner operated businesses. We are headquartered in Erie, Pennsylvania with offices in Pennsylvania and Jamestown, New York. We are part of the RSM US Alliance, a premier affiliation of independently owned accounting and consulting firms. This affiliation allows us to provide the services of a national firm with the hands-on approach provided by a regional firm.
Our employees enjoy the opportunity to work directly with client’s key decision makers and the owners of high profile and emerging businesses. This hands-on experience helps our employees gain a better understanding of the challenges facing our clients and allows them to see, firsthand, the positive impact their work can have on the client’s business.
For more information about the firm, visit the Schaffner, Knight, Minnaugh & Company, P.C. Web site at www.skmco.com.