Schaffner, Knight, Minnaugh & Company, P.C., seeks highly motivated individuals to join our Erie and Jamestown offices.
As an entry-level specialist at Schaffner, Knight, Minnaugh & Company, P.C., you will be working directly with our for-profit clients. The Firm takes great pride in the quality of its professional staff, encouraging staff members to continuously improve their skills, attain professional credentials, and assist in marketing the firm within the business community.
As an entry level associate at Schaffner, Knight, Minnaugh & Company, P.C. you will work with businesses in diverse industries. Associates provide quality services to the Firm’s clients by performing the duties and responsibilities listed below.
· Becomes familiar with and adhere to the Firm’s policies and procedures
· Has a working knowledge of all computer applications, which are routinely used
· Prepare individual and corporate income tax returns
· Assist with various assurance projects
· Perform monthly and/or year-end account reconciliations for various clients
· Research a variety of tax and audit topics to support current client needs
· Progresses professionally by working toward passing the CPA examination
Applicants should meet the following minimum requirements to apply for this full-time position:
· Recent bachelors degree in a business field
· Overall GPA of 3.2
· Previous business related work experience a plus
Attributes highly desired in our applicant:
· Strong computer skills, including MS Excel and Word
· Motivated by fast-paced environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong desire for continued personal improvement
· Commitment to a career in providing the highest level of professional service to quality clients
Schaffner, Knight, Minnaugh & Company, P.C. is a regional certified public accounting firm specializing in for-profit owner operated businesses. We are headquartered in Erie, Pennsylvania with offices in Pennsylvania and Jamestown, New York. We are part of the RSM US Alliance, a premier affiliation of independently owned accounting and consulting firms. This affiliation allows us to provide the services of a national firm with the hands-on approach provided by a regional firm.
Our employees enjoy the opportunity to work directly with client’s key decision makers and the owners of high profile and emerging businesses. This hands-on experience helps our employees gain a better understanding of the challenges facing our clients and allows them to see, firsthand, the positive impact their work can have on the client’s business.
SKM offers a generous benefits package including but not limited to 100% company paid individual health insurance, preventative dental, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, half-day summer Fridays and generous paid time off.
For more information about the firm, visit the Schaffner, Knight, Minnaugh & Company, P.C. Web site at www.skmco.com.