The Strategic Advisory (SA) department empowers Rioters’ decision-making to be more data-informed. We’re an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We’re a group united by our love of delivering player value, science, and helping others succeed.
In this role, you will report to the SA Lead on Central Tech, executing on one or more projects throughout the summer. Central Tech is the home of Riot’s Tech leadership, and contains teams that serve both game teams and corporate teams, such as Infrastructure Platform, which powers and runs Riot’s data centers, public cloud, platforms, and game servers, and Riot Data Products, which is the central data team for all games and corporate functions.
- An analysis of our game data solutions over time from a feature and cost perspective, and recommendations on where we could do better
- A deep dive into the products/services that Central Tech provides to other teams to create a process and system of attributing, and where applicable, charging out the cost of said product/service
- Working with game teams on forecasting how much infrastructure and technology they will need, and how much it will cost
- An analysis of all end-user software used at Riot, with a view to consolidate, pivot to better solutions, and/or negotiate better terms
- Leveling up our budgeting templates and models by, for example, factoring in seasonality or achieving higher forecasting accuracy through a deeper understanding of cost drivers
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at our Los Angeles Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S. (People on OPT are eligible)
- At least one of the following skill-sets: finance, consulting, strategy, data analysis, data visualization. Bonus points if you have more than one!
- A lack of fear and eagerness to learn when it comes to tech-heavy knowledge and concepts, such as servers, connectivity, cloud computing and big data
- Relevant industry experience in tech, specifically with servers, connectivity, cloud computing, big data and/or others
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. You can expect subsidized meals and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 15th 11:59pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00).