Analysts are given a high level of responsibility as members of a specific industry or product-focused team. Analysts formulate new business proposals, develop company forecasts and valuations, evaluate merger and acquisition scenarios and prepare documents related to the public and private issuance of stock. Analysts are expected to work on every aspect of the transaction process, including participating in drafting sessions, new business proposals and due diligence meetings. Analysts work independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature, require originality and ingenuity, and have an appreciable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Analysts may also lead multiple projects that have significant scope and impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop financial models to assess debt and equity financing alternatives for transactions.
• Perform valuation methodologies comparative company analysis and discounted cash flow analysis on target companies.
• Provide valuable input to equity offerings, valuations, private placements, mergers and acquisitions advisories.
• Research, analyze, present and document drafting elements of a developing transaction.
• Develop client presentations.
• Follow current events in respective industry groups in order to keep Bankers informed about critical issues in the news that are relevant to current and prospective clients.
• Maintain files related to active and prospective deals.
• Assist with recruiting and training new Analysts and Interns.
• Maintain group databases.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications – External
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of Investment Banking.
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Financial markets and products.
• Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Analytical skills sufficient to assess and explain events in the market.
• Problem solving.
• Operating standard office equipments and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office and established databases.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to reports.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Remain cognizant of our commitment to daily workflow and regulatory compliance during high volume activity.
• Think independently in order to market ideas.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions.
• Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
• Be proactive and demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in a related discipline is required. Internship experience in a related field preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• None required.