The Summer Intern will gain an understanding of various accounting and finance functions performed by the Finance department team and the various technology used to perform these functions. Under specific supervision from Finance personnel, the Intern will use accounting and financial reporting skills gained through ‘on the job’ training and experience to assist with specific tasks aligned with the Finance Department’s strategic initiatives.
Under general supervision, uses skills gained through education, training, and experience to assist with specific accounting and finance projects within an assigned functional area for a specified period of time. Follows established procedures to perform tasks and receives general guidance and direction to perform other work with substantial variety and varied complexity. Evaluation, originality, ingenuity and judgment is required to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to apply to more complex assignments. Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to a higher level. Routine contact with internal and external customers may be required to exchange basic information. Performs well on a team as required to work on an assigned topic designed by Senior Finance Leadership and create a formal presentation of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Specified projects and varied assignments.
• Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Uses accounting software to prepare financial statements or variance reports for internal use.
• Limited responsibility for resolving routine accounting problems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a professional office environment.
• Basic concepts of accounting and finance.
• Basic concepts of accounting system and reporting tools.
• Operating standard office equipment and using, or have the ability to learn, required software applications.
• Basic experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Adapt to new circumstances quickly and apply critical thinking and judgment to tasks assigned
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Current student pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
• Declared Accounting or Finance Major
• Minimum GPA of 3.25.