This is an instructional position with responsibility for guiding and directing the learning experiences of
pupils in a group or class within an elementary school.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teaches skills, concepts and social competencies to elementary school pupils.
• Plans a program for individualized and group instruction based on identified long-range goals and
• Uses a variety of techniques and materials to instruct and motivate students.
• Maintains records appropriate to a diagnostic/prescriptive approach.
• Uses appropriate classroom management techniques.
• Confers with the pupil, his/her parents, the principal and/or supportive personnel regarding the pupil’s
academic and social development.
• Maintains required records.
• Applies knowledge of child growth and development.
• Evaluates student achievements.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Holds, or is eligible for, a valid regular Florida Teaching Certificate for the level and subject area in which you are to work.