This is an instructional position with responsibility for guiding and directing the learning experiences of students in a group or class within a middle or high school.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teaches students knowledge, social skills and concepts.
• Identifies long-range goals and specific objectives and plans a program for individualized and group instruction.
• Prepares, administers, and corrects tests and records results; evaluates student achievements.
• Plans lessons so that students become involved in learning and decision-making related to curriculum choices.
• Maintains a classroom that recognizes respect for both teacher and student; motivates students in an atmosphere of respect and freedom.
• Holds conferences with pupils, parents, principal and/or supportive personnel regarding the pupils’ academic and social development.
• Keeps attendance, grade records and book inventories, as required by School Board policy.
• Applies knowledge of child psychology to include growth, development, interrelationships, etc.
• Attends classes, seminars, etc., to provide for professional growth and keeps abreast of the latest instructional methods and techniques.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited college or university. Possession of, or eligibility for, a Florida teaching certificate in English 6-12, or Middle Grades General English 5-9.