The Registered Nurse provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way, incorporating differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum to include patient and family education. Relies on education and training to complete responsibilities within scope of licensure as registered nurse.
- Performs psychosocial/physiologic assessments that integrates changing data.
- Formulates a plan of care based on trends of similar patients, including patient education and discharge planning. Tailors and prioritizes caring practice to individual needs, including cultural/ ethical/ spiritual needs.
- Responds to changes in patient’s needs and provides holistic care using independent clinical judgment based on knowledge drawn from education and experience.
- Adapts planned educational programs and information to individual patients and family by modifying teaching strategies or content. Integrates education during the delivery of patient care. Collaborates with patients/ families to identify realistic desired outcomes.
- Actively advocates for patient rights and identifies potential conflict. Seeks counsel for resolution of conflict.
- Identifies variances from expected outcomes.
- Evaluates patient outcomes and makes revisions in the plan of care.
- Documents all patient care activities as per documentation standards. Assists the healthcare team with the documentation process.
- Participates on unit teams, work groups and/ or committees. Anticipates needs and voluntarily assists others.
- Incorporates evidence-based practice and research findings into nursing practice to enhance outcomes.
- Accountable for all documentation and completion of all required continuing education and competencies relevant to area of practice as defined by clinical management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Skills: Proficient in the English language verbal, written and on the computer
Licensure: Current, unrestricted Louisiana State license as RN CPR Certified and BLS Certification