Scribe/Clinical Informatics Specialist (Full-time)
Monday – Friday, 8a-5p
Location: 1663 Westnedge Ave, Kalamazoo, MI
Scribes start at $14/hour, increase to $15 after 6 months, a year $18, 2 years $20.
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient’s communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
The goal of this position is to be the personal data assistant to the provider. This means you handle informatics responsibilities for providers during patient visits in our centers. CISs are trained to be experts in structured clinical assessments, accurate and specific documentation, population health workflows, and team based care. A major goal will be to also facilitate efficient and effective medical care for our patients.
We start simple: build meaningful relationships with patients and their families, then layer on resources to help our teams provide excellent care. Our facilities are all new and designed around a model of comprehensive, personalized primary care. We emphasize the use of technology to improve care quality and make life easy for our providers. We are a team of highly motivated, work hard/play hard individuals who believe in the mission of providing excellent primary care.
- Observing and recording patient encounters/examinations
- Documenting patient information, history, and diagnoses
- Assisting in medical management
- Documenting medical decision making
- Consultation with the care team and other providers on patient needs
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- Applicants committed to ongoing learning that are interested in a full time short-term (1 year) or longer term opportunities. We are especially interested in recent graduate/gap year/deferred acceptance premedical students looking to gain practical, paid experience in a patient care setting prior to applying to medical, dental, nursing, or physician assistant school.
- Ability to type 70+ words per minute.
- Basic level of medical knowledge and/or a willingness to learn quickly.
- Ability and willingness to take direction and be a member of a team providing patient care.
- Ability to work approximately 40-45 hours per week (full time position) with predictable hours and protected break times.
- Compliance with hospital and Oak Street Health policies, including HIPAA.
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”. What it means to be OAKY:
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company, focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
- Brand new, beautiful working environment
- Supportive and fun culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare