Northwood Academy Charter School
Position: Executive Administrative Assistant
Reports To: CEO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: None
Last Revised: 01/2021
Position Summary: This position provides executive administrative support and assistance to Northwood Administration. In this role, the Executive Administrative Assistant will perform a wide variety of administrative duties, including but not limited to preparing correspondence and reports, maintaining schedules, assisting with special projects, and handling all educational purchase orders.
● Maintains master strategic calendar and coordinates deliverable for admin team
● Responsible for the coordination of check requests and petty cash for student activities, allowable reimbursements, and online orders in coordination with CEO and Business manager.
● Maintains schoolwide calendars/Wednesday reminders development and distribution.
● Orders curriculum materials and maintains relationships with vendors.
● Prepares written correspondences for the administrative team.
● Schedules and procures professional development registration and payment for staff including overnight and travel accommodations.
● Maintains Professional Development log to track fiscal and professional responsibilities.
● Prepares educational purchase orders.
● Supports administrative components of educational projects and assignments.
● Provides support for off-hour community functions (i.e., Back to School Night).
● Maintains calendars for Administration to include scheduling and coordinating catering when required.
● Makes phone calls on behalf of administration (non-discipline)
● Procures substitute teaching staff in coordination with HR to maintain teacher absence log and timesheet.
● Monitors and compiles daily student attendance data and provides reports regarding absences and tardiness to ensure compliance with attendance regulations.
● Maintains student suspension data records and provide reports, as needed, to administration.
● Monitors and maintains all staff time keeping responsibilities, excluding formal leave of absence requests.
● Distributes student suspension information to appropriate personnel; keeps accurate records; prepares packets for disciplinary hearings, 504s, etc.
● Arranges coach-line transportation for schoolwide events.
● Maintains appropriate training hours as requested.
● Other relevant duties may be assigned as needed.
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● 3 – 5 years of senior-level administrative experience.
● Demonstrated professionalism and friendly demeanor.
● Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to maintain employee and student confidentiality.
● Ability to handle time-sensitive and confidential matters.
● Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
● Ability to maintain close communication and working relationships with NACS Administration.
● Proficient computer skills including Google docs, Excel, email, internet software, and database software.
Working Conditions: Sitting and standing throughout the workday. Majority of working hours will be spent in an office setting.
Physical Requirements: Light physical activity such as walking, and standing is required on a daily basis. Must be able to lift and carry supplies, books and equipment up to 25 pounds.