We guide, impact, and transform the communities we serve.
Who we are: These days, it’s more important than ever to have a plan. Our version of financial planning not only gives you the confidence to know you’re ready for anything, but is also designed to help you reach all your goals in the days ahead.
Our advisors will design a personalized financial plan with the right insurance and investment strategies, so you can take care of the people and things that matter most. And with the highest financial strength ratings of any US life insurer, you can count on Northwestern Mutual to be here whenever you need us. After all, we’ve been going strong for over 160 years.
What we offer:
– Retirement Planning
– College Savings Planning
– Wealth Management
– Estate Planning
– Long-term Care
– Business services
Awards & Accolades
– FORTUNE’S “World’s Most Admired Companies” ‘20
(#1 among life insurers for “Quality of Products/Services” & “Social Responsibility”)
– Highest financial rankings by the Big Three credit-rating industries
(S&P Global Ratings, Moody’s Investor Services, & Fitch Ratings)
– J.D. Power’s #1 in “Customer Satisfaction among All Individual Life Insurance Providers” ‘19
– Financial Advisor Magazine & InvestmentNews “Top 10 Independent Broker-Dealers” ‘18
– Ranked No. 1 in Disability Income Insurance & No. 3 in Individual Long-term Care Insurance among life insurers
What we can do for you: Our internship provides you independence with accountability and support, allowing you to go into business for yourself, but not by yourself. We are confident that we can provide you with the skills you need to succeed in our business. In fact, Vault Magazine has awarded us “America’s Top 10 Internship Program” in the financial services industry and career development for the past 24 consecutive years and Training Magazine listed us as #30 on their Training Top 125 in 2017. Through our personal and professional development training, you will not only learn how to build and maintain relationships within your community, but you will also make an impact on the lives of others by helping them enjoy financially secure lives.
What you will do:
– Top-notch training
– Flexibility for school and sports
– Team support and mentorship
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to partner with experienced financial representatives, advisors, and professional office staff to help grow your personal practice. You will see the independent and entrepreneurial spirit that our financial representatives exhibit as you indulge in our innovative, supportive, and committed company culture. A student may receive class credit if approved by their university.
You will also:
– Obtain licenses for the Life, Accident, & Health Insurance (LAH) Exam. This will be financed, and study materials will be provided by Northwestern Mutual
– Participate in personal and professional training/development meetings throughout the program
– Receive personalized business coaching and mentoring
– Flexibility in your daily schedule to meet with prospects and clients at your convenience
– Analyze, create, and implement a personalized strategy for your clients to achieve financial security
Requirements for our interns:
– Must be a U.S. citizen and from the Western Pennsylvania and Pittsburgh area
– We are looking for full time college students holding junior or senior status
– Open to any major
Northwestern Mutual complies with the Stay-at-Home/Shelter-in-Place orders* Alternative plans are in place due to COVD-19*