College Financial Representative – A Top 10 Internship Program for 24 Straight Years
SPRING INTERNSHIP OVERVIEW:
- Hours are VERY flexible: We are willing to work around your class schedule
- Part-Time Internship: 15 – 20 hours a week (You can work more hours if you choose)
- Must be able to come into the office at least two days a week
- A valuable part of your internship experience is finding the right balance between work, school, and personal life.
FINANCIAL PLANNING WITH NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL
Our financial professionals help clients reach their goals by developing and implementing financial plans to show clients where they are today, plan where they want to go tomorrow and provide the financial tools and support to help them get there.
Sounds exciting and scary all at the same time? Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to know everything on day one. That’s why you’ll receive in-depth training and partner with industry experts until you’re ready to do it on your own.
Northwestern Mutual provides successful candidates with valuable, hands-on experience that will prepare them for life after college, including:
- The opportunity to partner with experienced financial representatives, advisors, and professional office staff to help grow your personal practice
- Creating personal planning analyses to help clients understand how to achieve their goals
- Learning how to plan and implement a successful, long-term personal financial plan for yourself and your future
The Northwestern Mutual Internship continues to be one of the best internships in America. For 24 years it has ranked among the Top 100 internships nationally among all industries and non-profits. In 2019 it ranks as one of the Top 10 internships in the Financial Services industry, and a Top 10 internship for career development.·
- Top-ranked training program (as recognized by Training magazine, 2017)
- Personalized mentorship from top-performing advisors
- Paid Internship / College Class Credit Opportunity (Pending University)
- Complete flexibility for school classes and activities
- Leadership Development Program
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, supportive, and committed company culture
- Sponsorship of Licensing/Credentialing (Life/Health,Series 6, 63, 7, 65, CLU, CFP, ChFC)
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
As a Northwestern Mutual Intern, you will receive extensive training and coaching, and you’ll participate in joint work with experienced representatives to help you build the skills and knowledge base to succeed. Some of the development and coaching includes:
- Obtain licenses for Life, Accident, & Health Insurance, and the opportunity to obtain Series 6/63 financed by Northwestern Mutual
- Attend four days of initial training in the Pittsburgh Area
- Participate in weekly training, development, and coaching to learn about our comprehensive approach to financial planning
WE OFFER CHALLENGE
As part of the Northwestern Mutual team, we’ll offer a level of challenge that will truly take your game to the next level. That challenge, and the opportunity to work with a world-class, award-winning team, will help you build a business of your own and make a difference in the lives of others.
IMPACT ON OTHERS
Every day, Northwestern Mutual interns help individuals and businesses build and execute financial plans specific to their goals and expectations. But it’s more than crunching numbers. It’s about helping people establish and improve financial literacy, and giving them the information, tools, and confidence to help achieve their financial goals.
IMPACT ON THE COMMUNITY
In addition to helping yourself and your team members build financially-secure communities,our interns also have an impact through the company and community-sponsored volunteer and philanthropic events and organizations, such as:
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand – Funded Childhood Cancer Research for 200,000+ hours
- Camp Kon-O-Kwee – Our Cranberry office has volunteered 700+ hours
- Any major accepted – No finance background required
- Must be from the Pittsburgh Area or go to school in Pittsburgh Area
- You know how to connect with people, building personal, trusted relationships
- Motivated self-starter
- A full-time college student in Junior or Senior year (undergrad or graduate)
- Strong academic performance – 3.0 and above
- Active involvement in clubs/organizations, community, ect.
- Leadership experience in athletics, Greek life, campus organizations, ect.
- Financial planning is interesting to you
- You’re a driven person who’s committed to succeeding
FROM THE PITTSBURGH AREA?
We have four offices in the Pittsburgh region:
- Cranberry Township / Seven Fields
- South Hills
- Downtown Pittsburgh