No Offseason Sports strives to provide access to year round sports leagues, tournaments, camps, clinics and training to help youth and adult athletes achieve excellence both on and off the field. Our eleven turf fields provide young athletes in the Pittsburgh Area the ability to train year-round in our state-of-the-art Indoor Training Facilities and Sports Park. Sports included at No Offseason Sorats are Soccer, Baseball, Softball,Lacrosse, Flag Football, dodgeball, knockerball, and others
Internship Location Information
3 Pittsburgh Area Locations: All locations are within 15 miles of each other
No Offseason Sports Tarentum
306 Chase Drive Tarentum PA 15084
No Offseason Sports Russellton
904 Little Deer Creek Valley Road Russellton PA 15067
No Offseason Sports Valencia
418 Rt 228 Valencia PA 16059
Job Description: Summary
No Offseason Sports Youth Sports Intern holds a temporary position within the company, with an emphasis on educational training and gathering practical experience in their field of specialization in sports. The Intern will gain valuable experience working with the Event Marketing Team, collaborating in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help all interns evolve their capabilities, challenge their strengths, and reach their fullest potential.
The Youth Sports Intern is involved with the various elements associated with No Offseason Sports youth academy program, athletic partnership program and other youth sport initiatives.
This is an unpaid, educational internship opportunity. The intern must be receiving college credit for their time spent interning with No Offseason Sports
Job Description: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Support the Youth Development Team by gathering research for potential member organizations in the area.
- Assist with partner activation and fulfillment on game days and at various events.
- Assist with social media/marketing of Youth Sports camps and events
- Hold coaching and/or administrative roles at No Offseason Sports youth-driven events, including, but not limited to, camps and clinics.
- Assist with the Youth Sports communications, online presence and digital media, such as social media, event recaps and blog writing.
- Assist in the fulfillment of the Affiliate partnership programs.
- Support the Youth Development Team with the preparation, production and data collection of mid-season and end of season recap reports.
- Help organize, promote and facilitate sport clinics, camps, coaching education and other community-driven events.
- Support any projects, initiatives and other administrative duties related to No offseason Sports.
- Represent No Offseason Sports on game day and at other various out-of-office promotional events.
- Perform various game day duties with the No Offseason Sports staff.
- Represent No Offseason Sports and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Strong passion for sports.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Sports Marketing and Management, Business, Communications or other related field required.
- Previous coursework or desire to learn and understand the operations of effective youth development organizations.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Interest and experience in competitive sports, including coaching and/or playing experience.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit for long periods of time with occasional standing and walking.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently with the Sales Team and potential clients.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants please submit cover letter and resume online with handshake or at www.nooffseasonsports.com
For more information please contact
Director of Operations
No Offseason Sports
306 Chase Drive
Tarentum PA 15084