General Description: Niagara County Community College is seeking a Massage Therapy instructor to work within our Nursing & Allied Health Division. As a part time faculty member at Niagara County Community College, successful candidates should be dedicated and motivated and will demonstrate commitment to student success through teaching and learning excellence.
Evening and weekend hours may be required
Remuneration for persons teaching at least 3 credits in a semester: $797 per lecture hour/$714 per lab hour. Remuneration for those teaching less than 3 credits in a semester: $675 per lecture hour/$600 per lab hour.
Typical Work Activities:
• Participation in student recruitment and articulation
• Teach students in Massage Therapy lecture and lab courses
• Maintain subject matter currency
• Develop and revising curriculum
• Assessment of program learning outcomes
• Arrange and monitor student externships
• Advisement of students
• Collegial participation in departmental meetings
• Participate in college and discipline-specific professional activities
• Other Duties as assigned by the AVPAA of Nursing & Allied Health
Essential Functions: Ability to work with, and teach a diverse student population. Ability to advise students for classes, transfer options and career advice in the field. Ability to be an active member in the division. Ability to speak in front of groups of people. Must be able to effectively communicate with students, co-workers, supervisors and the campus community. Must be able to develop, prepare and present information. Must able to operate computers. Must be able to physically perform the duties of the position.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field
• Current NYS licensure as a massage therapist;
• Experience with multiple massage therapy modalities;
• Three years’ of experience as a licensed massage therapist.
• Master’s degree in an Allied Health field;
• Experience teaching massage therapy at the college level;
• Responsibility for administration of a massage therapy program at a higher education institution;
• Experience in the administration of a Spa.