New Story School Is a private licensed academic school that provides special education support for children up to the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavior disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story is searching for a “Speech Language Pathologist”. The Speech Therapist is responsible for providing speech-language therapy services to students as indicated in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and serves as a member of the multidisciplinary team. The Speech Therapist will promote the development of communication skills through assessment, program planning and direct service. In addition, the speech therapist will provide clinical guidance and consultation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Plan, administer and interpret appropriate testing to gather data for the development and revision of the IEP.
· Develop and implement individualized IEP goals and objectives aiming to promote communication skills, including expressive language, the ability of verbal expression, receptive language, and augmentative communication when appropriate.
· Monitor and revise IEP goals and objectives as needed and communicate with all team members involved to ensure the effectiveness of service provided.
· Plan, implement, and adapt speech- language therapy activities to meet student needs and encourage progress.
· Maintain client confidentiality per company policy, FERPA/HIPAA Privacy Rule regulations, and the Department of public Welfare/CASSP principle guidelines.
Qualification & Skills:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in Speech Pathology or related field.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Current PA licensure as Speech-Language Pathologist
- One-year experience providing speech-language therapy services OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Speech Pathology or related field
- Current PA licensure as Speech-Language Pathologist.
- One-year experience providing speech-language therapy services
Eligible New Story Employees will receive:
· Competitive pay, benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
· Employee discount Program
· Rewards program
· 401k options and paid school holidays
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about New Story schools, benefits, and careers please visit our website: www.joinnewstory.com