New Story Schools is searching for a Special Education Teacher to teach and mentor students with Autism at our Licensed Private Academic School in Harrisburg, PA. As a Special Education Teacher, you play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom.
New Story is currently offering a $5,000 sign on bonus for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complete individualized Education plan (IEP) process, which includes IEP development, collaboration with multidisciplinary team members, and preparation of required paperwork.
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership and direction to staff within the classroom.
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor confidentiality.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of six months’ experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- A positive can-do attitude
- A four-year degree from a college or university and one of the following certifications is required:
- Pennsylvania public School Special Education certificate
- Private Academic Teaching Certificate or
- Private Academic Temporary Approval Certificates
Eligible New Story employees will receive:
- Competitive pay, benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Up to $7,500 in bonuses in the first year with the opportunity to receive ongoing teacher retention bonuses
- Employee discount program
- Rewards Program (Which allows you to earn points to purchase items)
- 401k options and paid school holidays
New Story School is a private licensed academic school that provides special education support for children up to the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavior disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about New Story Schools, benefits and careers please visit our website www.newstoryschools.com